Monday, July 7, 2008

So...

Last night I’m driving home in the car and jamming to some good 80’s tunes when Whitesnake’s “Here I Go Again” came on. As I’m singing at the top of my lungs, I realize that I’ve been singing the wrong words for the past 21 years. Apparently, I like the word “twister” because I keep using it in place of other words in many songs.

Whitesnake lyrics:

“Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.”

Ashley’s lyrics:

“Like a twister I was born to walk alone.”

Violent Femmes lyrics:

“Let me go on like I blister in the sun.”

Ashley’s lyrics:


“Let me go on like a twister in the sun.”

(I would like to thank my dear friend Dana for using her kind words to gently correct me on the proper wording of the previous line.)

And, if I don’t know the words, I sort of morph words together or extend the last word into a long hum to get through the parts I'm challenged on. This is completely normal, right?

3 comments:

  1. "Blinded By The Light"
    Misheard Lyrics:
    Blinded by the light
    Wrapped up like a douche into the middle of the night.

    Original Lyrics:
    Blinded by the light
    Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.

    I really think the misheard lyrics are so much better on this song (any song with DOUCHE in it is a CLASSIC) that they should officially change it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if it makes you feel any better...

    "Cyclone" by Baby Bash is the classic song I really messed up.

    Original Lyrics:
    She moves her body like cyclone..

    Anna's Lyrics:
    She moves her body like a skank ho...

    I was in shock that they were saying skank ho on the radio but I went along with it. I figured it was correct cause I've seen plenty of girls move their body like skank ho. It wasn't until someone told me the name of the song that threw me off. Why would you name a song cyclone when they're talking about a skank ho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely challenged. However, I sing all the time and I don't know most of the words. Generally, I just make them up. We used to sing a song called "Come on Baby Rub My Butt" based on the Doors' version of "Come on Baby Light My Fire"

    ReplyDelete