Monday, July 21, 2008

Just when I thought we were doing good

As you know, Evan and I have been taking baby steps to become more environmentally friendly. However, after viewing this link that my friend Jenny sent me, I think we need to step it up a notch. I knew plastic bags were bad, but I thought since I was recycling them I was doing something decent. Apparently not. Little did I know just how damaging they really are. Read the link below and you'll see why.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080506/MULTIMEDIA02/80505016

5 comments:

  1. Ok you tree huggers are starting to freak me out! What are we supposed to put our trash in? YOur little post didn't tell us that. Can't they come up with some type of biodegradable plastic??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell, I don't know what to put the trash in. I'm just as confused as you are. I think I will keep recycling my bags and using them as garbage liners until I'm told something else. All of this environmentally friendly info is about to make my head explode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps we should all throw our trash on our lawns and then get goats to eat it.

    Maybe that is the way to go.

    I grew up in the country where you just burned your trash, what was so wrong with that? All you are left with is ashes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the goat idea. Surely trash eating is good for them, right?

    ReplyDelete