Thursday, July 17, 2008

Last night Evan had off so we decided to meet Eric and Lisa for dinner. They’ve been telling us that we need to go to Southern Junction, which is country western bar. If anyone knows Evan and me at all, you will know we don’t do country. However, food and good company was involved, so we decided to go. I swear the minute I walked in that door I could have sworn I was at Gilley’s from the movie Urban Cowboy. There was a live band, a mechanical bull and lots of two steppin’ going on. I looked for Bud and Sissy, but no luck!

The cool thing about Wednesday nights there is that it’s 2 for 1 night. You get two meals for the price of one. You get your choice of steak plus a salad, baked potato and Texas toast. The kicker is you get to go up and pick your steak and grill it yourself. They have all the seasonings and sauces for you to prepare your steak and the condiments for making your own toast and potato the way you like it. It was pretty interesting.

I had the waitress take a few photos of us. Unfortunately, it’s pretty dark in there and we didn’t get much of the background in the photos. Oh well, you still get to see us. Oh and you won’t be seeing any photos of us on the mechanical bull. I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.



4 comments:

  1. Well, it is Texas! I am not a big fan of country, but it sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urban Cowboy happens to be one of my most favorite movies. Do they do mechanical bull competitions? I have never rode a mechanical bull, but I sure think it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be a place that I would LOVE! :) Not kidding. Nothing better than a beer and good ol' shit kickers doing the electric slide!!!!
    The downside... whats up with going out and then having to cook the damn food yourself??? Thats a crock of crap if you ask me. I hope it was cheap.

    Love
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you all had on boots and hats when you arrived! I have been telling you its all about the experience. Kudo's to Eric and Lisa, they know how to have a good time. Also, I am with Cheryl on the cooking, that's just not right!

    ReplyDelete