Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Holy Guacamole!


Dave called my parents Sunday to tell them that a tornado went right through their neighborhood early Sunday morning. The path of the tornado missed my parents’ house by a few blocks…freaking insane!!! Dave, Lisa and my nieces hid out under the staircase as the storm rolled through. Dave said the car wash is gone, the gas station is missing a pump or two, and the lumberyard is demolished. As if that weren’t enough, the bad weather continues to hit the Omaha area tonight. Mom called me a short time ago to say that they are stuck at the Kansas City airport because the Omaha airport is closed due to more tornadoes. I have talked to family and friends and everyone is doing okay but extremely shaken. Dave said he would send me photos when things calm down. I will post them as soon as I get them.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh that's crazy!! Glad to hear that everyone is okay. Looking at that picture made me think that there is no way I would survive a tornado in my tornado closet. We need basements in Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete