Monday, June 16, 2008

Greensburg


Evan and I have a favorite new show and a favorite new channel. The show is Greensburg and it is on Discovery's newest channel, Planet Green.

The show is a documentary of how the small town of Greensburg, Kansas rebuilds green after an F5 tornado rolled through, leaving their little city in shambles. The first episode was a major tearjerker (Evan wiped away a tear…I saw it!). The video footage of the storm and its aftermath was unbelievable. I highly suggest watching an episode.

Also, the Planet Green channel is a must see. We did not realize how much damage we were causing planet Earth. The Buntons have decided to start making small changes. I definitely need to cut down on my paper towel consumption (I can already here my dad yelling at me). And, no more bottled water; we are investing in eco-friendly Siggs aluminum water bottles. I hope that our baby steps will add up to something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment