Saturday, December 6, 2008

UPDATE:

My dad had a PET Scan on Tuesday, which revealed that the spots on his chest were cancerous. He had to go back Thursday to have them biopsied so they could determine what type of cancer it was and and how they would treat it. However, when they went in to do the procedure the doctor said the spots had started to break up and were foggy so he had nothing he could take to biopsy. I'm frustrated because I don't even know what that means. How could it be there one day and gone the next. He goes back to the oncologist Monday to discuss what this means and what the next step is.

Thanks again for all of your kind words and support; it means a lot to me.

5 comments:

  1. Please please please, whatever he says on Monday...good or bad...get a 2nd opinion.

    I can't even believe this. I am so sorry. No one should have to go through this once let alone twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley

    I just want you to know that although you have only met me once I read your blog often. I am praying for you and your family as I know first hand what you are going through. I hope things turn out well. In my thoughts and Prayers.
    Amanda Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer is an evil thing. We will keep prayers going up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,

    This SUCKS!!!

    Of course you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Please keep us updated.

    Sarah D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been on your blog in a while! I'm so sorry for what's been going on with your Dad. Many prayers for him!! I hope they figure out what's going on. That's weird that someone was there one day and not there the next. I hope you get some answers soon.

    ReplyDelete