Monday, December 29, 2008

My weirdest post yet


There seemed to be a lot of holiday sadness this year - from tragic deaths to prolonged illnesses, so I figured I would try and lighten the mood with one of my weird and random thought processes.

I did everything possible today to avoid the mess that Evan and I brought home from Christmas. I would unpack an item and decide that I needed to clean that drawer, closet or room to avoid unpacking everything else, hence making a bigger mess than what I started with. I went to unpack my panties (undies, underwear, whatever you want to call them) and decided that I should clean out my drawer. I ended up with a stack of panties that I have never worn or have worn once and decided I didn’t like. Most of these were gifts given to me (don’t ask). So here is my dilemma…what do I do with the ones that I have worn once and that are in perfectly good condition? I have a pile of stuff ready to donate and think that I can donate the ones that I have never worn but what about the others? I hate to clog up the landfills with perfectly good underwear yet I’m grossed out at the fact of donating underwear even if it has only been worn once. I have plenty of cleaning cloths so I don’t think I want to use these as rags. Help!!! I don’t know what to do with this huge stack of underwear. I’m anxious to hear your thoughts on this completely random and odd subject.

8 comments:

  1. I think it would be fun to annonomously mail them to random people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mail them to me. I'll forward to my good friend P.Hilton. Every photo of her I see she appears a bit drafty. Anyone know a good recipe for skinned beaver?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think people at who shop at Good Will would be pleasantly suprised, put them in the bottom of the bag and just take it to a drop off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Rebekah, mail em. I say start with your "not so nosey" neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should take them to MVP on your next trip home. They would be well welcomed there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stomach hurts from laughing. I'm so torn between all of the great suggestions!

    I love the thought of mailing out underwear to random people. I can only imagine the look on their faces when they receive a pair of hot pink thong underwear. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

    The fact that Uncle Bob knows Paris Hilton personally has me tempted to pack them all up immediately and ship them off. Maybe Paris could share some of them with her dear friend Britney. I'll dig around for my special skinned beaver recipe and attach it to the box. I also have a good muff…excuse me, muffin recipe I can send.

    I may have to set aside a pair or two to take to the MVP on our next four wheeler ride. I would be more than happy to attach them to the wall with some tacks. I think it will add to the ambiance of the place. It should really help dress it up a bit. Or maybe I should combine two of the suggestions and send a box of panties anonymously to the MVP and see if they do anything with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should take your undies and TEE-PEE!If you really want to get gross take the ketchup and chocolate kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paige, you finally joined!!! Your suggestion adds a whole new twist to things.

    ReplyDelete