Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trail Riding

This weekend Evan took me trail riding in the Jimmy. This was my first time, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’m not going to lie and say that I didn’t act like a girl on the first few hills we did. I was positive we were going to roll over, but we didn’t. Evan would look over every so often to see if I was still breathing. I managed to work through it and dropped the girliness about an hour in.

He also took me over to the hardcore trails and we watched several people climb some scary hills. The videos I took don’t even do the hills justice. You can’t even tell how steep they really are.. In order for you to go up them, you have to be equipped with a rollbar and harness seatbelts, neither of which we have, so those were a big fat no for us!

After lunch is where the real adventure began. On one of our runs, the Jimmy started acting funny. It was chugging a little, but I didn’t think much of it until it died while we were side ways in a ravine. I may have crapped my pants a little. Somehow, Evan managed to get the truck started again and got us up out of the ravine and up the hill a ways before it totally died. Since we were by ourselves, we had no choice but to walk. We walked 1.3 miles back to the heavy Chevy, so we could tow the Jimmy to safety. As we were walking, I told Evan I felt like Clark Griswold in National Lampoons Vacation. The temperature was hot, the park was like a desert and I was so tempted to put my pants on my head for a little relief. As much as Evan thought that was a great idea, I refrained from doing so. Anyway, we made it back, got the truck and towed the Jimmy back. All is good. The end!






>

This is one of the trucks I filmed, while on a tougher trail. I'm mainly posting this for my brother because I know he would have loved to have been there.





1 comment:

  1. Barbie called and she wants her Jimmy back. Should have bought a Jeep.

    ReplyDelete