Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike A-comin'


It looks like we might be in for a rocky weekend of weather. They are saying that Ike could make landfall as a category 4 hurricane. That is insane! I’m guessing that evacuees will head this way for the weekend. The Dallas area could possibly see 10+ inches of rain and up to 50-60 mph winds.

This brings back bad memories of the 2004 hurricane season when Evan and I lived in Orlando. I feel for the people who have to evacuate their homes. I still remember one of the radio stations in Orlando playing a clip from a caller who said if you plan on staying you better “hunker down bitch!” That’s my advice to all of you.

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of you and Evan. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunker down bitch...get a case of good beer..no Miller Lite Evan and ride the wave...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda,

    Evan got a good long laugh out of your Miller Lite comment. Too bad he didn't follow your advice.

    ReplyDelete