Monday, February 23, 2009

Empty Bowls 2009

This is one of my favorite yearly events here in Dallas and it’s all for a good cause. I’m happy to say that this is my third year going. You pay $30.00 to attend Empty Bowls, which benefits the North Texas Food Bank for hunger relief. Your ticket gets you in the door and downstairs to a sea of handmade bowls. It’s total chaos and craziness. You get to fight your way through the crowds and pick out any bowl of your choice. Every year I look for the ultimate oatmeal bowl.


Once you’ve picked out your bowl you get to go upstairs and enjoy tons of soups, breads and desserts. Many local restaurants sponsor the event so you get to try out some of the best places. And no, you don’t eat out of the bowls you picked out. They give you a bag to take that home in.


This year was extra awesome because they went more “green” with the event. They handed everyone a recyclable bag and all of their soups were served in recyclable made bowls. Very cool.

The mass chaos! You have to be tough to fight your way through this crowd.

The girls and their hand picked bowls (l to r) Laurie, Jennifer and Rachel

Me - sporting our cool new bowl bags and my new Sarah Sellz purse

Me and my girl, Jen

Wolfgang Puck's stand. This soup was yummy!

3 comments:

  1. What do you thing "football" is getting at? Maybe selling stuff.
    You and your girls are soo cute. Looks like fun. I love soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's your bowl?! Looks like a good time! I love that Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I missed empty bowls.

    ReplyDelete