Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Texas Government?

UPDATE: According to the polls, the two people who voted that they took a state specific government class where indeed from Texas.

I wouldn’t be a Bitchin Bunton if I didn’t have something to bitch about, so here it goes.

Last week I registered for one of my “required” classes for school. I have to take American Government, which is no problem, but I also have to take Texas Government in order to get my degree. I asked my sister-in-law, Holly, since she is a professional in the course-taking department, if she had ever heard of such a preposterous thing. I believe her response was this. “That Texas Government is a crock of shit!!! I have attended 3 colleges and universities in the state of Illinois and hence received 3 degrees, and not once have I been forced to take "Illinois Government!” She told me I should take to my blog. I was fired up about it anyway, but she sealed the deal for me. I cannot believe I have to take a Texas Government course to graduate. Not only that, but the book for the class is more expensive than my American Government and Economics books that I purchased for this semester.

Has anyone else had to take a state specific government course in order to get a degree? And, I am not referring to the elementary/middle school specific information you learned about your state when you were little.




3 comments:

  1. All this time I thought it was normal to take your state government in college. You bursted my bubble!! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working on my 3rd degree at my 4th college, not yet have I had to take a state government class. What a wierd-o state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOrking on my 3rd degree...no government classes...oh Texas.

    ReplyDelete